We are looking for a Ruby developer responsible for building Ruby applications, including anything from complex groups of back-end microservices to command line utilities and data processing scripts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building quality products is essential.
- Good understanding of the syntax of Ruby and its nuances
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Understanding of functional programming style in Ruby
- Skills for writing reusable Ruby libraries that may be used in expressive ways
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful
- Experience with popular web application frameworks such as Rails, Lotus, etc depending on project requirements.
- Familiarity with command-suite libraries, such as such as Thor and GLI, depending on project requirements.
- Knack for writing clean, readable Ruby code
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN
- Familiarity with development aiding tools such as Bower, Bundler, Rake, etc.
- Familiarity with continuous integration